LOADING . . .
How to Install a WordPress Plugin - Without any additional plugins, WordPress has a very simple function. Plugins allow users to use a variety of features, from e-commerce modules to admin areas. There are thousands of plugins that you can choose from for WordPress customization, both free and paid. In this tutorial I will discuss two ways to install a WordPress plugin that you can do easily.
What do you need? Before starting the steps in this tutorial, make sure that you have: Access to the WordPress admin dashboard A downloaded plugin on your computer (Option 2)
Also Read: Wordpress Plugins
Option 1: How to Install a WordPress Plugin Through the WordPress Dashboard
There are over 46,000 plugins currently in the WordPress.org plugin directory. You can download all of them for free. Follow the steps below to find out how to install a WordPress plugin.
1. Access the WordPress dashboard then select the Plugins menu.
2. Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
3. You can search for plugins by selecting the Popular, Featured, or Recommended tags located at the top of the page. In addition you can also use the search menu. If you already know what plugin you want, please type the appropriate name or keyword in the search field then press Enter. In this example I will install the Contact From 7 which serves to display the contact form on a WordPress-based website.
4. After that please press the Install button on the plugin you want to install
5. The plugin you just installed does not activate immediately. Therefore, please activate it first by clicking the Activate button.
Option 2: How to Manually Install WordPress Plugins
1. On the WordPress admin dashboard, please select the Plugins menu then click the Add New button.
2. After that please press the Upload Plugin button
3. On the new page, please click the Choose File button, to select the plugin on your computer, then click the Install Now button.
4. To activate the plugin and complete the installation process, please click the Activate Plugin button.
5. In this step you have successfully installed the plugin and activated it.